Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Holiday e-commerce sales crushed expectations, NRF says
Jan 13, 2017 by Matt McGee
National Retail Federation says online sales grew almost 13 percent in 2016, much higher than 7-10 percent expected growth.
- Four trends that will reshape marketing in 2017
Jan 13, 2017 by Russell Glass
What trends and technologies will keep marketers on their toes over the coming year? Contributor Russ Glass shares his predictions.
- Fetch and Horror: 3 examples of how fetch and render in GSC can reveal big SEO problems
Jan 13, 2017 by Glenn Gabe
Columnist Glenn Gabe demonstrates why discovering how Googlebot sees your desktop and mobile content is essential to any good SEO audit.
- A simple checklist to prep for the Google mobile-first index
Jan 13, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier believes that for savvy marketers, the rollout of Google’s mobile-first index will represent an opportunity — not a threat.
- Super Bowl LI teaser ads a no show so far this year with brands keeping campaigns under wraps
Jan 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
By this time last year, three brands had released teaser ads and three more had shared creative from their Super Bowl 50 campaigns.
- Get ready: The 2017 Marketing Land #HashtagBowl is coming soon!
Jan 13, 2017 by Matt McGee
Now in our sixth year, Marketing Land will again track social media visibility in Super Bowl TV commercials and cover how well TV advertisers score with online audiences. Here’s what to expect from all of our pre-game and post-game marketing coverage.
- My first CES: What I saw, learned and questioned
Jan 13, 2017 by Laurie Keith
The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas isn’t just for gadgetheads. Contributor Laurie Keith shares her first impressions of the tech show and what marketers can take away from it.
- Cloverleaf’s new grocery shelf displays watch shoppers, track their emotions
Jan 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Retail tech firm launches first shelf-based dynamic display that tracks and analyzes faces for their emotional states and demographics.
- Google taking another run at simple website creation for small businesses
Jan 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The site builder is presented under the websites tab in GMB and pre-populated, with customization options.
- Content marketing ideation: Where do good ideas come from?
Jan 13, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
It’s not easy to keep coming up with new ideas for content. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen reveals steps you can take to help with the process.
- Snapchat’s updated search bar makes it easier to find Discover channels, Live Stories
Jan 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s new unified search bar now appears on its home screen and works the same there as on its Chat and Stories screens.
- Integrated Marketing Analytics: Creating a single source of data truth
Jan 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Creating a single source of data truth to optimize marketing investments and performance may seem like a daunting task. But it can be simple with the right approach and technology. Join Cardinal Path’s David Booth and IBM’s Andrew Douglas to learn the right ingredients and best practices to get integrated marketing analytics right.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry